Cassie Springer Ayeni
Cassie Springer Ayeni is the President of Springer Ayeni, A Professional Law Corporation. She represents people with disability, medical, and life insurance benefit claims under ERISA. She has dedicated her entire career to serving clients in need of employee benefit advocacy, particularly those with disabilities. Known for her ERISA expertise, Cassie is a frequent speaker and author on the topic. She takes pride in building a record that often convinces insurance companies to reverse their own denials before a case even has to go to court.
U.C. Berkeley School of Law 2002 (Boalt Hall); U.C. Berkeley, B.A. (phi beta kappa)
Cassie was selected as a Top 100 attorney in Northern California in 2017, and 2015 by Super Lawyers Magazine, and Top 50 Women attorney in Northern California by the same publication in 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014. She was also chosen as a Top 40 under 40 attorney by the National Trial Lawyers in March 2014, a Top 20 under 40 attorney in the state of California by the Daily Journal in January 2012, as well as one of 50 California attorneys On the Fast Track by the Recorder in June 2012. She is an active leader in the American Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section and Employee Benefits Committee, where she has repeatedly spoken at conferences, served as track coordinator, and co-chaired committees including the Leadership Development Program Committee, the National Programs Committee, the Marketing Committee, the member services committee and the Benefit Claims and Individual Rights Subcommittee. From 2013-2014, Cassie served as Governor-at-Large for the California Women Lawyers Board of Governors.
- Author, Insurance Benefits in ERISA Litigation (BNA, 2014).
- Author, Once an ERISA Plan, Always an ERISA Plan in July 2014 Employee Benefits Committee Newsletter.
- Author, NFL flying too high with its disability plan in September 30, 2013 Daily Journal commentary on the ERISA governed NFL plan.
- Contributing Author, Benefit Claims and Individual Rights, Sacher, et al., Employee Benefits Law (BNA).
- Rewrite Author and Editor, Benefit Claims and Individual Rights, Sacher, et al., Cumulative Supplement of Employee Benefits Law, 2nd Ed (BNA).